Responsible to: Vicar (line manager)
Key Objective: To see the young people of, and connected with, St Mark’s fulfilling our vision to ‘Live and Share the Love of Jesus’ in their own lives by:
· Bringing their best to God in worship,
· Nurturing each other as disciples and
· Being the good news for Kensal Rise and beyond.
At present this role has a particular focus on Younger Youth (10-14 year olds) where we have a good number of young people already engaged. Building on this base we hope to develop our older youth provision in the years to come.
· To work with the staff team and wider church leadership to envision, nurture and equip our young people as followers of Jesus.
· To play a full part in the life of St Mark’s contributing as a spiritual leader in the community.
· To contribute fully to the life of the staff team, encouraging and supporting other members practically.
Younger Youth (10 - 14)
· Leadership and oversight of weekly evening younger youth gathering (Rise Juniors - currently Fridays).
· Leadership and oversight of Sunday Younger Youth group (Pathfinders).
· Recruitment, training and motivation of volunteer teams.
· Establish a fun, engaging program in order to inspire and nurture living faith.
· Coordinate volunteer rotas.
· Organise and plan annual program of events including
o Church Weekend Away.
o Christmas Services.
o Summer Camps.
o Youth Weekends.
o Activity trips.
· Ensure that resources are planned, ordered and available.
· Pastoral point of contact for youth and parents.
· Safeguarding - ensure appropriate DBS checks made.
· Administration of attendance registers and database.
Leader with passion for the gospel and local church.
Excellent administration and communication skills.
Pastoral heart with a passion for youth.
Commitment to mission and discipleship.
Ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
Inspirational - ability to motivate, inspire and equip volunteers.
Positive team member with an appreciation for teamwork.
Excellent time and task management.
Proactive with demonstrable problem-solving ability and can-do attitude.
Confident user of Word, Excel and other software packages.
20 hours a week
Sundays 9.00 - 13.00
Tues – Weds 9.30 – 2.30 (Flexible)
Wednesday and Friday Evenings
Occasional evenings and Sundays as required (time off given in lieu)
Annual Parochial Church Meeting
Church Weekend Away
Christmas and Easter Services
Staff development and training
25 days annual leave pro-rata: 15 days, of which 5 are Sundays
DBS check required
Terms of Service
6 month probation
Set hours include Tuesday morning staff meetings and Sunday mornings - other hours can be confirmed.