This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and build on the progress made in our worshipping life at St Mark’s. The successful candidate will be passionate about worship as a place of encounter with the living God, as well as being a proficient musician with skills in leading and equipping others.
Responsible to: Vicar (line manager)
Key Objective: To lead and develop the sung worship at St Mark’s as we seek to fulfil our vision to ‘Live and Share the Love of Jesus’ in our own lives by:
· Bringing our best to God in worship,
· Nurturing each other as disciples and
· Being the good news for Kensal Rise and beyond.
· Lead and develop musical worship at church services and other events.
· Organise termly worship leading rota for Sunday services (10.30am and 6pm in due course), Christian Festivals, prayer meetings, Alpha courses and other special events.
· Organise/Lead or oversee Choir for Christmas Carol Services.
· Introduce new music and songs to the church’s worshipping life.
· Build on All Age platform releasing worship gifts across the age range.
Leading the Worship Team
· Nurture, support and develop current Worship Leaders and Team.
· Identify and recruit new musicians.
· Organise termly Worship Team meetings.
· Ensure worship equipment is in place and well maintained.
· Prepare and oversee the annual worship budget.
· Maintain CCLI records and submit annual return.
· Oversee and develop AV Team including training.
· Organise AV rota for services and events.
· Maintain and develop AV equipment.
· Ensuring sermons are recorded and available online.
Team & Church
· To work with the staff team and wider church leadership to fulfil our vision.
· To play a full part in the life of St Mark’s contributing as a spiritual leader in the community.
· To contribute fully to the life of the staff team, encouraging and supporting other members practically.
· Contributing to weekly team meetings.
· Working with the team to deliver appealing printed and online communications.
Skilful musician with a passion for God’s presence.
Leader with passion for the gospel and local church.
Excellent administration and communication skills.
Commitment to mission and discipleship.
Ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds.
Inspirational - ability to motivate, inspire and equip volunteers.
Positive team member with an appreciation for teamwork.
Excellent time and task management.
Proactive with demonstrable problem-solving ability and can-do attitude.
Confident user of Word, Excel and other software packages.
20 hours a week incl. Sundays
Occasional evenings as required (time off given in lieu)
Annual Parochial Church Meeting
Church Weekends Away
Christmas and Easter Services
Staff development and training
15 days annual leave
DBS check required
6 month probation
Set hours include Tuesday morning staff meetings and Sunday mornings - other hours can be confirmed.
Salary: £24,000 pro rata